We prepared these guides on various topics relevant to CS107E students. Hope you find them useful.
Kit and Tools
- Installing the developer tools on your computer
- Raspberry Pi pinout diagram (also available as postcard in your kit and poster on lab wall)
- Powering the Pi
- Working with SD cards
- Using the bootloader
- Reset the Pi without unplugging
- Git workflow used for labs/assignment code
- One page of ARM
- Bare metal programming using gcc
- Using make for ARM cross-development
- Using gdb in simulation mode
- TravisCI (continuous integration)
- Testing strategy
These resources have not been thoroughly vetted, but were successfully used Fall 2019.